Friday, June 8, 2007

MORE RANDOM....

See what happens when you give me an off week. I go off the deep end. Anyway. Today marks my last day of insanity becuase I get to go on a ride in a few hours. YES! The best part is, i live in Ohio, and no longer do we have the 70 degree weather we had early this week, but instead we have 20-30 mph gusting wind and "severe weather warning"... sweeeeeeeet. So i have decided to wait it out, and hopefully the weather will be gone later in the day.

In wasting time, I (with my big sunglesses) headed down to west chester and found myself asking "why can't my parents live here"? Why? Becuase not only did I find SIX cycling magazines on the rack, but I also found 3 amazingly attractive 20-some-year old's two of which had the need to talk to me and one of which works in Starbucks at Barnes and Noble. Becuase of this I walked away with a serious yet sophisticated "tall triple americano with a little room for cream". It earned a smile and an "im working tomorrow if your looking for coffee again!" Looks like Ill be back tomorrow morning. HAHA. After grabbing my Procycling magazine I headed out the door to see the dark clouds looooooooming overhead and sprinkles coming down. So instead of scurring back inside, I ran directly across the road to the stand alone starbucks and suprise suprise, a beautiful girl working the register. She told me she likes my glasses and noticed I had my magazine as well as my shirt from Edgar Soto Memorial Stage race so she came over and decided to chat with me about shaved legs, bikes, and where I live. This one earned a number! HOW AWSOME! At least Monroe may start getting entertaining soon.

As for my reading, I have to give credit where credit is due Procycling this month rocked quite possibly their best edition in a very long time. Not only were the opening pages strewn with some awsome pictures of the spring classics (ricco and gilbert in MSR and Ballan attacking the Murr with a very cute belgian girl screaming at him in the background *sigh*) and your expected letters regarding doping (especially Jan and whoever else doesnt matter any more) but I came across quite possibly the most awsome picture of Robbie McEwen *** I will post it *** . Aside from this is what seems to be a good article with Ricco and Simoni BOMBING Basso and doping today as well as a pretty awsome look at Allez Jet Petacchi and his comeback over the years, a look at russian team Tinkoff, and much more including a talk with Saul Raisin and a look at Jullien Dean and his Credit Agricole ride. The highlight of this, and the reason I love it as I do, is the interview with Chris Boardman and why he chooses not to wear a helmet. I wish I could be a british badass like him.

Alright, sorry, im rambling now. GO GET THE MAGAZINE! IT WILL BE GOOD! It seems to be the first magazine that is starting to change it's focus. Over the past months its been riders in doping, problems with doping, directors and doping and well.... doping. This months edition seems to be the first magazine in a while taking a look at the new face of cycling. Those overcoming odds and those who are becoming the new face of cycling. This is awsome.

As for me. Coco the pomeranian are going to nestle in and look out the window and watch the storm roll in, drink some coffee (me not the dog) and the convince myself that it will be worth it to brave the 20+ mph wind and RAIN to get fast since I have taken 4 of the last 6 days off this week. You have to have your valleys to have your peaks. If Boonen can take a mid season break and come back fast enough to win, I guess I can. Then again he was riding week long races and winning them before and Im trying just to finish 4 day races and not winning. Whatever.

The glasses

The McEwen picture

The coffee I earned!

Once the coffee is gone im sad... guess Ill have to go back tomorrow for another!

No comments: