Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Let it be done...

With four days of hard racing in the Nashtucky, I am home and happy. I finished which is more than I can say for many others. The first three days were hard but no where near as difficult as the last day. Aside from the detour on the wrong road, and high temperatures, the course was tough. I was able to avoid the feed zone mayhem, and stay with the front group until the huge 3 mile climb on the course. It was a really difficult one that didnt really allow you to set much a rhythm until you were too far into to set a rhythm. Either way, i finished and am very happy to complete my first ever stage race so that is done.

Im back home for a day or two before heading back to Oxford. I also start work today so thats fun. Nothing like 4 days of bikes, then coming home to work on bikes!

Thanks to everyone who called me and kept up with the race. The support was nice!
Our start on the final day

Coming up the climb the first time. It hurt.

No comments: