Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hitting the fan, floor, and the hundred steps I'm heading down...

I have officially discovered how STRESSFUL life can truly be. This past week marked my second 20+ hour week on the bike. That coupled with two compositions, and an exam, being sick, and having some other issues to attend to in my life and I was more than happy for the weekend to roll around. The poopy ohio/belgian-esk weather blessed us for a day or so, then things finally started to warm up. So exciting. January and armwarmers.... By the end of the weekend I had logged quite a bit of time on the bike, some good rides chatting with Spencer, and Chris Butler and just some hard earned life time memories. Anywho. So is the life of the overachieving over stressed cyclist student or student cyclist. Choose your priority, both are equal I assure you.

Big news on the bike end of everything is that all kinds of new toys are rolling in for the team. Bikes, saddles, pedals, and soon to be helmets and kits. Being a local to the vacinity of the delivery place (aka Rich's temple of fun and lots of expensive toys) I get the first chance to hop on all the new stuff first. Simply put, out Gian TCR advanced team bikes are (pardon my language) on damn crazy fast bike as dicky glen put it on the other days ride. Amazingly stiff, amazingly agressive, and above all else, amazingly sexy. On top of all this, the team is bringing on Chris Butler, one of the very few people I know here at school, to ride for us this season. I might not sound excited but I am. He's a great addition and one I'm lucky to be riding with, until he drops me going uphill like he always does. I'm not in a creative mood tonight seeing that im staring a second go at revising a paper that was considered "unsatisfactory" in the face before I hit the bed for the evening. Not fun. Here are some pictures for all of you back home wondering what it's been like here. I promise I'm still alive. Barely, but im hanging in there.
Atop Paris Mt. which is approx 2.7 miles from my doorstep. Yeah, NICE

Had to shove myself in here somehow... You can see our school golf course behind me.


The team rig being built... wowsers

No comments: