Wednesday, January 9, 2008

getting normal...if its at all possible.

Things are finally getting normal, if thats ever possible. Classes are going well. I have a wonderful french class, in which I find myself pondering about 90% of the banter my little french speaking, english dismissing hater of a teacher, is speaking over the hour and ten minutes of class. As if not speaking english in class whatsoever weren't enough, I also have the problem of not really being able to understand the syllabus, leading to a free-for-all of confused effort towards and unknown success. If this doesnt make sense to you it's alright, it doesn't make sense to me either.

Aside from class, the whole bike riding thing is going good. base base and more base. This weekend was a great team camp in chattanooga TN. Lots of climbing, lots of townsign sprints, and oh yeah LOOOOOOOTS of food. If I could put into words exactly how much I ate this weekend it would be the most compelling story you would ever read. In stead, I can simply say that it felt something like this.

"My names JAN ULLRICH, I like CUPCAKES AND BEER..." only without the EPO and Doping
I will say the most impressive part of this weekend aside from the nudging aside of several african villages starving to death to fill our overworked, and tired bodies to to the point of disgust, I would have to note AJ's 1980's Zoom jersey, tie die tights and chrome skateboard helmet that he sported for the final days easy ride turned sprint off.

As for now, im off to the good ol' FU for french, and then home for a nice 4 hour ride with Spencer up to Ceasars head.... gotta love 20+ hour weeks, class, and maybe possibly having a life.

oh and one more thing. Dear Ohio State and Jim Tressel, thanks for ruining my wonderful week. It's much appreciated.

Thanks for making us wait ANOTHER 364 days. Thanks a lot.


-love, Dave-

No comments: