Thursday, November 8, 2007

Getting ready, moving on...

So as you all know, I'm moving on. These past three weeks of craziness and distraction are coming to a wonderfully stressful conclusion.
1. Find a place to live... ring it up as done
2. Find someone to take over my section of the lease... not so much done
3. Adjust to the suicidally horrible weather in Ohio. chalk it up! 40 some degrees with 20+ mph wind, and all is well in the world. But now I suppose it justifies me drinking more coffee.
4. Have camp moved to the weekend before finals! YEP! Meaning I have the drive back from Greenville to Ohio sunday night with an exam monday morning at 8 am. How pleasantly horrible!
5. work for 10 hours on the same work and only get less than 1/3 of it completed.

But in all honesty, life is in fact good. Of course motivation is at an all time low when it comes to school work, but thats life when your moving I suppose. Nothing like leaving you 3.0+ GPA over four years of school behind to start all over again! But I guess that's how the world works. Luckily I have the loving, supportive, and understanding family that I do. It looks like Ill be heading to Kansas for nationals, racing until the 16th, driving back and packing 18th-24th, doing christmas the 24th,25th, and 26th, packing, have a goodbye party/birthday party (or so I've been told) on the 27th and moving the 28th. Celebrating my 21st at mellow mushroom of course, becuase I can and I want a choice of beer thats worth getting for my 21st. Then I start class on the 2nd and heading to team camp the 4th! Sounds like a great christmas/winter break. It's a good thing I get a break from the bike between nationals and the 1st! Oh by the way, speaking of the bike, I came across some more good pictures over the week, further distracting me from my work, of some good crashes in the sand and some others of me staking my claim in that sand without the act of falling or gracefully removing myself from the race. I can in fact ride sand WELL. I assure you, it can be done!

first is the True Sport photo thats my orange bike in front of the guy on the ground!
next is my favorite

As for now, I'm off to continue working on the same work i've been doing over the last oh... 48 hours. Wish me luck. Sorry for this being so boring but I have to take a break from this. Coffee in hand, frustration intact. Time to rip this stuff up!!! With me luck

No comments: