Tuesday, August 7, 2007

My "vacation" pt:I

I made it to chattanooga in piece and im glad to be here. Shacked up with my coach Kim and her husband Mark and their three dogs and a cat really is pretty awsome. I got in my first day of training today with my friend who lives here and fellow rider of my coach's. We got in a good 2 hours with Kim, Mark, David and another of Kims riders going up part of one of the hills here from tour of Georgia. Good stuff. After winding through the shaded backcountry David and I broke off to go get two more climbs in. It's a bit hot here so I think I lost a lot of fluid on the first climb, and by the second I was pretty shot and ready for my days riding to be done. I headed up Racoon Mountain, which really is a hellishly hard climb. I guess there is a local race that finishes atop that climb. WOW! To have that in Ohio would be amazing! After slogging my now soggy and still overweight carcass up the climb I headed down and back to Kims for a sandwich, shower, and a nap.

Mark and I headed into downtown to meet up with Kim after work for dinner and one of her co-bikeshoppers came along. Bunches of bread, Salad, and eight no bakes later im stuffed, happy and mad at myself for eating YES EIGHT no bakes... O.K. It's not my fault Marks a puss and wont eat them. Whatever.

Tomorrow is a 4 hour loop ride up Suck Creek and Hensons Gap. Should feel awsome after a day like today... (no sarcasm here) And for your information this is a vacation for me, so yeah, 7 hours on a bike in 2 days is fun. If not then whatever! Until tomorrow!

No comments: