Saturday, August 4, 2007

A little rest is always good

So i decided to take this week and forego the punishment that would have been Crossroads cycling classic in North Carolina.

So instead, for the first time in months im not racing today. It has been a nice week coming back from Altoona and taking a break before the hard end of the season I have planned. Ill be leaving for Georgia monday and I couldnt be more excited. Ill be spending a little less than a week with Coach Kim in chattanooga area to get a good block of climbing in my legs. Friday I'm heading deeper into the south to stay with John Kelley and his dogs down in HOTlanta (aka the island of misfit cyclists). There is a good race in Dahlonega with a 7 km uphill time trial fallowed that same evening with a circuit race with some decent "rollers" (hills to us Ohioans). Sunday is the epic seven climb 80 mile road race that will feel to me like a 5 alper (again I HATE ohio and thats partly why im LEAVING!). I love the fact that part of the course we will be doing is part of the HARDEST day in Tour of Georgia! You know you in store for a hella hard ride when you talking to your coach and is goes as follows...
ME: "Yeah I figured I would stay until friday and go and stay with John... I guess there is a pretty sweet Georgia Cup Race down there!"
Kim: "Yeah where at"
ME: "Danalega...?"
Kim: "Oh Dahlonega... hahahaha! Yeah (insert pause to represent your going to die here!"

WHY CANT PEOPLE JUST LET THINGS BE A SUPRISE! Now i think im going to go down there and be chased up the side of a 20+ grade mountain by revenous back country Georgia snake shakers or something!

After racing I will be heading to Greenville SC to get some riding/training in as well as visit Furman and hopefully find out if financially I am good to go so then I can look forward to getting down there in January. Im excited for the changes going on this year, and although I will miss the utopian community of Oxford, OH, in all honesty I am ready to get away. You see Oxford is like a black hole for chaos via sarenity. Im ready to get where I BELONG, and start a new life with new people and new things. I will miss my family above all, but sometimes to grow up you have to put yourself in a situation where you have to. Something I have yet to do here, and something that needs done.

As for now, I have a cup of coffee with my name on it. NO REALLY the mug had my name right on the side. And it is time it goes down the hatchet. Check THIS out...this is the only thing I can say is more crazy than naked mountain bike crits in Vermont!

Also I have a new BIKE ON THE WAY. The guys at Van Dessel sports are awsome and are hooking me up for cross season this year with their Gin and Trombones (named after some belgian stuff thats too complex to explain on its own!) Cool thing is im getting it in a color they down even offer right now! PIMPS! When it comes in in about a week or so Ill get a picture. Until then its a SUPRISE!



-HUGS, Dee-

No comments: