Sunday, March 23, 2008

Random babling...

So Im sitting, coffee in hand (or for the most part the table next to me) far too early in the morning at my coaches humble home here in Chattanooga. It's been a good past couple days although I haven't gotten in the time that I had wanted on the bike since I have been here. Nothing much over three and a half hours, but considering this area makes Greenville look like Indiana once did in terms of constancy of elevation gain, it's all good. Nothing like two mountain climbs each day for two days in a row. Yesterdays was impressive considering I was doing some hard workouts up the mountain. It was also interesting to look at the route we did considering it coverd last years TOG time trial course. I realize now how much further I have to go to get to where I want to be some day! Kim also has one of the mountainbike athlete here doing some training. Nothing like having another guy here to heckle mark about why he's gay, that his movies are gay, that his phone ring is gay, and just how homosexual he may be at heart. Good times good times. Anywho, its been a good time and tonight we dine for easter with a little get together at the house so I am looking forward to meeting some local riders, grabbing some good grub, and enjoying a break from normal hectic life. Should be a hoot.

Aside from that I have had the fun opportunity to sift through cycling's happenings via cyclingnews.com, cycleto.com, and velonews.com. I am trying to comprehend the feeling Cancellara just had winning la Primavera. Solo! As much as I have come to respect and attempt to immulate the belgian mindset of hardmen, hardraces, and just being a badass (pardon) it is far to hard to dismiss that Cancellara is a gifted individual.

For as long as I can remember when was the last time you saw a man solo away from an entire field for a win of this magnitude.... Paris-Robaix---i believe he did the same there. Le Tour de France---yep, rode away from the entire field in the yellow jersey. hmmm, I am seeing a similarity here. Anyway, the classics are just around the corner and with the talent the way it's going its hard to say how things will turn out. Pipo Pozzato with his cornrows in flying, Cancellara is, well...fast, Gilbert is romping like the Belgian he is, as is the likes of Boonen in the early season. All I hope for is that big G. Hincapie can get the win he deserves and has worked so hard for.


One more thing.... SLIPSTREAM DANS LE TOUR DE FRANCE!!! BIEN! BIEN!

As for now, I'm off to whip my rear into shape and get out for a ride with Talbott and AJ for 4 hours or so. Enjoy.

p.s. I love clumpies Ice cream, thin mints, and home made pizza durring hard training. Wowsers!

No comments: