Tuesday, March 4, 2008

O-H-I-Ohhhhhh

Nothing like returning home... ok, maybe thats true, but not so true in the positive sense. I headed up to the frozen north of Ohio with hardman and teammate Nick Housley for a romp on my old stomping grounds. Although the visit with family was nice, the hectic bedlem of "how are you's", "We missed you's", and "It's not too cold to drink's" seemed to greatly outweigh the prior niceness that was supposedly my spring break... in February. Either way, Nick and I got out for around-a-bouts four hours in on friday after a spiffy little photo shoot, and interview with the class middletown journal, aka the local paper where I grew up. After that we ventured out to Oxvegas for a night out with some old fond friends of mine. I feel the night could be accurately labeled a debauch, comedy, or realization as to exactly why I left that blackhole of a good time.

Finally nick and I headed to Columbus for what proved to be the most deadly crit of all times. I think it may have been slightly more safe only by adding a snack pit jump of death, and a bed of flaming coals which you had to walk barefoot across to finish. I ended the day sprinting in the grass for 16th place only to have some d-bag from you know where claim my prize money before I got there.... I looooove Ohio. 12 hours, four (give or take if your counting how many shots of espresso were in each given drink) coffee, 10+ outbreaks of slaphappy laughter for no appearent reason, 20+ gawkings at random HIGHLY attractive ladies which nick and I passed and one stop at a classy dinner north of atlanta, I finally made it home. Three hours later, lets hear a slow clap for Dave getting up to go to class. Living the dream, what can I say.


As for now, I am cagefighting with the nasty bug I picked up sometime along the way this weekend. Not just a bug that makes you feel crappy but a bug that makes you feel like there is a ping pong game being played on the back of your eyeballs, and one which keeps you freezing cold regardless of the fact that you truly are wearing four layers of WARM clothes with no successfuly production of warmth. Oh yes. Im in a lovely mood. As for now, I am off to sleep, as I have all day, and hopefully I will be able to get my life pieced back together. Hopefully....
Heading out for the day


Killer mountains in Ohio.... errr, HUGE brewery. same thing.

Master photo skills by Nick


My new formed opion via facial expression of sub 40 degree training weather in Ohio...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha nice...i love it when they still my prize money too. u probably have the flu. i got it saturday night and it is just now starting to go away. hope u get better

-david "splinter cell" talbott