Sunday, July 22, 2007

Troy Classic Recap

First I have to say there is nothing like living the professional amature cyclist life. Riding, working every once in a while. Traveling. Eating. Sweeeeeet. Yesterday marked my return to Troy classic and although the result did not come as well as I thought it would I can say I'm very happy with my fitness It doesnt help when you roll into a race with 12 guys from Texas Roadhouse and no a combined 1,2,3 and U23 field. You have to love Ohio. Paul Martin was there in his stars and bars jersey so that was a cool thing to be riding with. Even better was the fact that he was my mark for the day. Wahooo. The race was negative as is every race around here with roadhouse putting three in a move with Grimm from Team Godspeed. It was up to me and a guy from team sweet to play the agressive idiots and try and pull back the 30 second gap. Needless to say, no one helped. With 10 laps to go I moved to the front to string it out and try and limit the attacks for alex. He got in a conflict with a roundabout but made his way back and was riding agressively. With 5 to go I again moved up and was drilling it just to see he had been dropped.... Yeah. Awsome. I swung off and had a bit of a conversation with some people in a raised voice and the field came in for a sprint. Big suprise. I started the sprint too far back and didn't feel like sprinting for 20th place so I just coasted in for 30th or something. again, not a result I like, and not one that shows my fitness. Oh well, thats bike racing! Got some good pictures, so enjoy!
Assessing the damage!?

Stringing it out AGAIN. Looking relaxed eh? I guess im fit or something

Sitting in again. The calm before the storm of 10 to go!

sitting comfortable in 5th wheel

Call it a day...

No comments: