Thursday, July 3, 2008

Catching up

As if i were worried that those of you who actually poke in and read the useless ramblings I thought I would preface this with an "I'm Sorry". So I'm sorry.

The past few weeks have been a bit of a whirlwind of craziness and business. Two weeks ago I got the opportunity to coach at the Midsouth Regional Development camp with Mark and Kym. It was a great group of guys, hot weather, and just a outright good time. In the end I was drained as the nunery (or whatever the heck you call it) was void of air conditioning. Eventually I gave in, mentally broke down, and resorted to eating desert with every meal including breakfast.... Don't ask. For those of you who have never witnessed the camps I am speaking of, here is a look at the bike room! Yeah, there is more money here than most pro tour teams hold throughout an entire season. Oh yeah, and most all the riders are JUNIORS!! Don't ask me how they have SRM's and full carbon rigs blinging from the butthole with Campy! My first bike wasn't even ten speed!



Post camp I opted to forgo the trip to fitchburg, partake in a bit of relaxation with friends, and start gearing up for nationals in a month. Spending no more than three days at the apartment at a time has been a bit of a commonality, but considering the time is being spent with great people and great times, the lack of time home is well replaced. Evenings with kelly, bike rides with Spencer (aka the superbad race car driver with GT-2 Porche team Pumpelly Racing)

exceptional nightlife, the occasional AMAZING pub, and enough music to make a deaf kid consider suicide have been more than common. Considering the hella hard training and racing I have coming up it's a good thing I have them to keep me sane!

This week marks the last week of no racing. After that is Georgia Games, possibly some superweek races, french broad classic in Asheville, Gwinnet Bike Fest and Crossroads cycling classic, then it's a redeye flight to LA with Butler for Nationals! The end is near. Wait... no it's not I race until january! CRAP!

off for some pedaling! Until later.

D

No comments: