Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Life, bikes, and just great people.

That is what my life has been the past week, and nothing could be better. Not only did I wonder north to GA to ride six gap with pimp nasty teammate AJ. I followed it up by heading to NC with Kym, Mike and Mark to ride the tail of the dragon/skyway out of Robbinsville. Let me tell you, 30,000+ ft. of elevation in less than a week will in fact tire you out.

On another note I am back in Ohio until the River Gorge RR/Worlds Qualifier visiting family and getting life back on track. Thanks to everyone for the support lately whether it be in life, riding, or just being great friends. Sometimes life throws you cucumbers and you have to make some pickles out of them. I'm not exactly sure what I meant by that but it sounded insightful.

To finish this entry in proper fashion, I must expose two comical look into the world of cycling. The first in the one and only Marky poo-Hekman hitting Lemon hill. Nothing like seeing the lanky ginger headed beast racing the biggest of big races. Tough day Mark but wow... congrats on making it where so many of us want to be!

The second is an article regarding quite possibly my most respected and highly regarded riders in European racing... Tom Boonen. Just read. Theres not much to say about it: Article
"Belgian super star sprinter, Tom Boonen has allegedly been caught in an out of competition test for cocaine, according to Belgian newspaper HLN.be. The out of competition test allegedly occurred three days before start of the Tour of Belgium, where Boonen won the final stage."

yep! You heard it. cocaine... Sprinter... Suprise... Come on now. They're sprinters. What else is there to do. Hmmm. When you see this picture there is a little bit more to understand...

Hopefully soon I can get some pictures from this past weeks adventures and riding. It was possibly the most beautiful riding I have ever seen so hopefully I can.

Until later,
Dee

1 comment:

hecklejack said...

ha! Love that they post a picture of me getting shelled!
tail of the dragon is so sweet.