Tuesday, September 11, 2007

IT has BEGUN!

The cross season has officially started. I headed north to Heath, Ohio for the kick off of the Ohio Valley Cyclocross Series. For my first race on a cross bike I was pretty happy to pull in a top 10 finish and work my way into the top half of the finishers. I was suprised that my fitness was where it was. I was able to hold with the from group for a few laps but I just couldnt get through the barriers as fast as them, and once the elastic snapped "WHAP!" it hit me right in the jaw. I was able to keep my composure but still I realized there are some major technical things i need to work on. Clipping in being the major! I know... pathetic. But i tell you what, finishing ahead of a guy who's been riding cross for 7 years and basically coaches mostly cross riders, I was satisfied (not not happy) with my performance. I thought I would throw up my cross schedule on here for anyone to check out. It looks like it's going to be a busy semester of class and racing. Just how I like it!

Sept 9 OVCX #1 - City of Heath Festival Cross Columbus, OH
Sept 16 OVCX #2 - Cyclo-Stampede presented by Darkhorse Racing Burlington, KY
Sept 23 - Pedal Power Cyclocross-Masterson Station Park Lexington, KY
Sept 29 CapCity #2 - Alum Creek State Park presented by Echelon/Trek Store Columbus Columbus, OH
Sept 30 OVCX #3 - JP Morgan Tour de Louisville Louisville, KY
Oct 6 CapCity #3 - Worthington Area Park presented by Team Awesome/Jeni's Ice Cream Worthington, OH
Oct 7 OVCX #4 - John Bryan Fall Classic Yellow Springs, OH
Oct 13 OVCX #5 - UCI C2 - Java Johnny's - Lionheart Cross Middletown, OH
Oct 14 OVCX #6 - UCI C2 - BioWheels/United Dairy Farmers Harbin Park Cincinnati, OH
Oct 21 OVCX #7 - Riverside Cross Cincinnati, OH
Oct 27 OVCX #8 - UCI C2 - US Gran Prix Louisville #1 Louisville, KY
Oct 28 OVCX #9 - UCI C2 - US Gran Prix Louisville #2 Louisville, KY
Nov 4 OVCX #10 - Gun Club Cross Cincinnati, OH
Nov 10 CapCity #4 - Grandview Area Park presented by Team Awesome/Jeni's Ice Cream Grandview, OH
Nov 11 OVCX #11 - Brookside Cyclocross Cup/USCF Indiana State Championships Indianapolis, IN
Nov 18 OVCX #12 - Promotion Cross Lexington, KY
OR
Nov 17 & 18th- North Carolina GP- Hendersonville, NC
Nov 25 OVCX #13 - Team Columbus/USCF Ohio State Championships Lexington, KY
Dec 1 CapCity #6 - Lane Rd. Park Upper Arlington presented by Echelon/Trek Store Columbus Arlington, OH
Dec 2 OVCX #14 - Storm the Greens/USCF Kentucky State Championships Louisville, KY
Dec 9 OVCX #15 - Series Finale - Wendell Moore Cross Buckner, KY
Dec 12-16- USA CYCLING NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS! Kansa City, KS

Hope some people can make it out
Tough Run Up section

NEW BIKE courtesy of Van Dessel Bikes! PRETTY!

No comments: