Friday, October 17, 2008

Double post

So I don't normally have time to double post given my extremely over-complicated life (???) but tonight I seem to have the availability to do so. So I am. I am laying here in my DELUXE KING room at the ritsy Red Roof Inn, eating pretzels while cagefighting with my conscious on whether I should start my paper due Monday afternoon or not. Not it is. Instead I lay here, watching t.v. in my boxers eating pretzels following my healthy salad, and bagel dinner that I chased with a 3 Musketeers bar. I find it amazing that regardless of what time of year it is, I fail at racing at the weight I would like to. Durring the road season my excuse normally is along the lines of "ahhh, It's february, it'll come off by nationals" then around nationals it's something like "ahhh, Im cracked! I need to get healthy for cross season". Then when cross hits my excuse stoops to new lows of "it's cross season, you need the fat to stay warm". Next thing you know you've sandbagged your weight an entire season. Depressing. Anyway, Im getting more and more excited about tomorrow's chick'n- cross in Raleigh. With a nice steady COLD rain blessing this lovely little suburban antfarm of shopping strips known Cary, surely it will be muddy. Hopefully I can find my way to the highway. It seems every road here is a one way street going the direction I don't want to go in. It's actually fun after a while.

Anywho, I will have likely have an update tomorrow post race, but as promised, I wanted to throw up some pictures from the UCI's. Enjoy!

the lame field we lined up

Riding with some swiss guy that sounded cool when he talked.

Tricky off camber roots


Waiting to get lapped

Form isn't bad for the second race of the year.

At least I kind of look like I know what I'm doing. If you didn't know any better you would think im fast!

1 comment:

T.Karnes said...

bottom pic, pissed off dave. hair is lookin pro!